The holidays have arrived! But with the holidays comes an endless list of “to-dos.” Are you feeling stressed? Frazzled? You’re not alone!
The holidays, although a time of joy, family, friendship, and community, are also prone to leaving you feeling blue, fried, and disenchanted – and not at all feeling in the holiday spirit. So, we’ve put together a special Holiday Essential Oil Diffuser Compilation “Play List” to help bring the sparkle back into your holiday magic!
How Essential Oils Can Help During the Holidays
Essential oils can help to support you through the stress, emotions, tiredness, and health put-downs that are prone to rise during the festive season. Depending on the essential oil, it can bring calm and serenity to a setting or encourage socialization at family get togethers. Essential oils can also help manage any sniffles or bugs that threaten holiday festivities.
Essential Oils for Diffusing
We like to diffuse essential oils during the holidays as it can help you get into the Holiday spirit and feel supported throughout the day. As long as you follow a few simple safety cautions (see below), diffusing essential oils is one of the best ways to benefit from them!
The majority of essential oils can be diffused. Just make sure that you know what you are diffusing before you do it.
Aromatherapy Blends Diffuser Playlist
Let’s take a look at our holiday playlist of essential oil diffusion blends! These are in no particular order:
- Clove (Syzygium aromaticum), sweet orange (Citrus sinensis), and sandalwood (Santalum album): Combining spicy clove, citrus orange, and balsamic-woody sandalwood. This holiday essential oil diffuser blend helps to put you in the holiday spirit as well as lifting your spirits! Orange brightens up your mood, clove lifts mental exhaustion and sandalwood helps to keep things on an even keel.
- Lemon (Citrus limon), clary sage (Salvia sclarea), and pine (Pinus sylvestris): This holiday diffuser blend helps to get the party started! It has uplifting lemony notes, with herbaceous tones, and is infused with the balsamic notes of pine forests. You can substitute pine with other fir species, for a more Christmas tree aroma! Diffuse this blend at your holiday gatherings for all the holiday feels.
- Roman chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile), rose (Rosa damascena), and vetiver (Vetiveria zizaniodes): This is the ultimate holiday chillout blend and a great blend to diffuse in the evenings before going to bed. Chamomile, rose, and vetiver help ease restless nights and soothe the soul!
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale), jasmine (Jasminum officinale), and frankincense (Boswellia carteri): Warm and spicy ginger complements soft and heady jasmine, with deep and spicy frankincense marrying together these two opposites. A great blend for cozy nights in as the snow falls softly outside.
How to Make an Aromatherapy Diffuser Blend
Depending on the aromatherapy diffuser that you choose to use, your essential oil blend amount will vary. However, we recommend adding up to ten drops total of each playlist blend we have listed here. The amount of individual essential oils in each blend depends on preference.
Cautions for Using Diffusing Essential Oils
To make sure that your holiday essential oil blends don’t cause unnecessary side effects, follow these simple guidelines. For more in-depth advice, consult a certified aromatherapist:
- Use care when diffusing around pets, babies, and young children, unless otherwise advised by a professional aromatherapist (situations and needs are often individual).
- If pregnant or over the age of 65 years, know which essential oils you are diffusing and if they are safe to diffuse in your situation. Some essential oils are contra-indicated in pregnancy and/or recommended at lower dilution rates if pregnant or over 65 years. Of those listed in our aromatherapy blends diffuser playlist, we advise caution when using clary sage, ginger, and jasmine essential oils in pregnancy.
- Take into account your diffusion area, and if anyone is sensitive to particular aromas.
- Diffuse in a well-ventilated space. Open windows and/or doors and avoid diffusing in a cramped environment with no room to breathe.
- Diffuse for short periods of time. For example, diffuse for 30 minutes, then turn off for an hour. This avoids overuse of essential oils in a short space of time.
Essential Oil Diffuser Blends at Your Body Needs
If you are in the Annapolis area during the holidays, stop in and smell what we are diffusing! We’d love to see you!
You can find many of the essential oils we’ve mentioned in our online store. Order now and we’ll ship in time for the holidays!