It’s important to keep your immune system healthy and fighting fit year-around. But as winter closes its ice-cold grasp on much of the nation, this is the time that a lot of people become more vulnerable. Holiday parties, family gatherings, and time spent indoors means that every cough, sneeze, and nasty out there is in closer proximity and looking for a place to call “home” – and you don’t want that to be you!
Certain people are more susceptible to weakened immune systems – age and compromised immune systems play a part – but with a bit of knowledge, a healthy lifestyle, and, of course, essential oils, you can boost your immune system naturally this winter – and make it through the holiday season with your health – and sanity – intact!
We have some tips in this blog in how to do just that, and add another tool to your Holiday self-care kit with one of our most popular essential oil blends!
What Does Your Immune System Do?
First, let’s run down a few facts about what your immune system actually does for you. It keeps you safe from viruses, bacteria, parasites, fungi, and any other type of foreign invader that is seeking to “take over” your system and make you feel “ugh.”
But did you know that you have your own personal army of defenders in your body, fighting to keep these unwanted guests out? Just like a real army, each type of defender has a role to play: Some guard, some sound the alarm, some attack, and some dispose of the enemy within. And should some invaders try to enter your system again, some defenders will recognize them on the second attack and will be immune to the attempted takeover.
Of course, it’s all a little bit more complicated than that, scientifically speaking, but you get the picture. Your immune system is simply amazing – and that is why you need to keep it in tip-top shape.
Essential Oils to Boost Your Immune System
So, that brings us next to some of our favorite essential oils with which to boost your immune system naturally! These essential oils are used in our best-selling Be Strong essential oil blend:
- Cinnamon leaf (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) – a warm, spicy, essential oil which adds a defensive edge to an immunity blend.
- Frankincense (Boswellia carteri) – deep, moody, mediative frankincense essential oil may help in mucous breakdown and breath regulation, which is why it’s historically been used as an expectorant and calming aid.
- Myrrh (Commiphora myrrha) – with a balsamic, spicy aroma, myrrh essential oil is an excellent oil to have on hand for winter germs and nasties.
- Thyme (Thymus vulgaris) – another spicy, warming oil, thyme is your ally in supporting good health and strength, lessening the discomfort of colds, flu, and bronchitis, and other respiratory infections.
- Clove bud (Syzygium aromaticum) – our last spicy oil to make up our Be Strong aromatherapy blend, clove is the ultimate powerhouse where viruses, infections, bacteria, and germs are concerned. It also gives a boost from mental fatigue.
Next, let’s look at how this combination of essential oils is used in our own in-house blend.
How to Use the Be Strong Blend
We’ve formulated the perfect boost blend for you to quell those germs and viruses, if they get past your first line of defense, or to make sure that they don’t.
Our Be Strong mix is blended with just the right quantity of the essential oils we’ve just talked about (and why they should be included), so that you know that you are getting the most effective and safe blend.
Be Strong is available as a concentrate blend and in a handy roll-on blend for on-the-go defense. Both blends are diluted in a base of jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis). Regardless of which option you choose to purchase, you can use this blend in a couple of ways (but always just a few drops at a time):
- Massage about 3-5 drops of the blend into the soles of each foot daily. After that, massage every other day.
- Continue as a maintenance blend by using once or twice weekly.
- Also, use this blend when you have a cold. Apply a few drops to the skin and inhale.
Why We Recommend Be Strong at Your Body Needs
Don’t let your immune system fail you this busy winter season. Practice a healthy lifestyle to keep defenses strong, and make sure that our Be Strong blend is included as part of your aromatherapy defense kit. Keep invaders at bay, so that you go into the new year happy, healthy, and stronger!